Higher Degree and Training
Department of Entomology
During the period of July 1992 - June 1995, the following academic staffs have taken
following higher degrees and/or higher trainings:
- Professor Dr. A.F.M. Rezaul Karim Faqir obtained his Ph.D. from the Dhaka University in November 1992. His research title was "Ecology, Biology, Breeding and Control measures of rat, Bandicota bangalensis (Gray)".
- Dr. Khandakar Shariful Islam obtained his Ph.D. from University of London in 1993. His research title was "The influence of host and other environmental factors on the biology of the mealybug parasitoid Anagyrus pseudococci (Girault)".
- Dr. Farid A. Talukder obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Southampton, United Kingdom in May 1995. His research title was "Isolation and Characterization of the Active Secondary Pithraj (Aphanamixis polystachya) Compounds in Controlling Stored-Product Insect-Pests.
- Professor M. Shahjahan submitted his Ph.D. thesis to the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh in February 1995. His research title was "Studies on the resistance of yellow stem borer, Scirpophaga incertulas (Walker) in relation to physical and chemical factors of rice plants".
- Professor Dr. Md. Mohsin Ali Sardar obtained his Post doctoral training on Pest Management in Denmark from November 1993 to April 1995.
- Professor M. Shahjahan delivered lectures in training programme "Consequence of Pesticide use in Controlling Insect Pests", Bangladesh Institute of Nuclear Agriculture, Mymensingh in August 1995.
- Mrs. Kazi Shahanara Ahmed attended training courses on (a) "Statistical Methods for Research" by the Graduate Training Institute, BAU, Mymensingh in November 1993 and (b) "Teaching Methodology" by the Graduate Training Institute, BAU, Mymensingh in May 1994.
Return to [DEPARTMENT PAGE]